Tuesday, 24 February 2015

A day with me || My second interview

Salam guys!! How you're doing?

So today was a big day for me :) I had my second interview for my internship and my first interview where I went with my hair covered. And I was soo excited about the last fact!! As a muslim hijabi girl, it is a big deal for me, because it is a part of my identity, it is who I am and I always wanna be sure that I'm honest with myself and with people.

I tried  for the first time the turban and the result was pretty good I guess. I prayed during the whole path that it won't move. I put hundreds of bobby pins lol.

The interviewers were very nice and asked me a lot of questions. I couldn't answer to few of them, but they were comprehensive to the fact that I never had a professional experience before and this internship was my very first one.

The subject of the internship is going to be very technical as they said and it's not what I love the most, but all I want is get an internship and graduate!! Anyways this is another subject I'll probably talk about soon.

But for now I wanted to share the outfit I wore to this interview. See you guys soon inshallah, cause I'm feeling a bit sick in this debut of holidays. Bye bye.

Wish I had a bigger mirror tho :)




12 comments:

Unknown said...

First of all, im so happy you stuck to your guts and wore your hijab! I think you rocked the turban look! Im praying and saying Inshallah they give you that internship and you achieve everything you want in life! I love your outfit so much! It looks professional and casual at the same time! And I would love if you continued to share with us your internships experiences! Best of wishes hun!

nahye said...

Thank you so much Jenan you are so nice!! Thanks for supporting and for your duas, it makes my day to see a comment from you :) Inshallah you'll achieve anything you want in life too!! I'll absolutely share my internship experience inshallah soon. Love you xoxo

http://resh-inspire.blogspot.com/ said...

Awwww! inshallah you get your internship, Do let us know how it goes!! Loved your outfit, You should do more outfit of the days! ;p

nahye said...

Aw thanks sister! Inshallah I'll do more ootd :)
Take care xx

Unknown said...

Love you too hun! You are gonna be amazing out there! I give you all my support!! Inshallah may Allah grant you so many opportunities in fields you want! <3

Kay R. said...

I totally admire that you went to the interview with you hijab / turban. Wear your culture and religion proud girlie and never let anyone tell you otherwise. Love your entire outfit btw and hope you got through!!

nahye said...

aw thank you so much hun' :) That's so sweet of you and I admire the fact that you're open about a different culture and religion and being supportive <3

Rukaiya xo said...

First of all... masha Allah, I'm very proud of you hun! I know how difficult it is these days to wear the hijab in certain countries. I think it's alot easier in the long run to wear the hijab for the interview. That way, you'll know that they accepted you for who you are. The problem with not wearing it for the interview is that if you do get the job/internship... eventually you might want to start wearing the hijab to work, and that makes it alot harder to show up one day wearing it (after they've gotten used to seeing you without it). I'm talking from experience here :-(.

So yeah I'm super proud of you... I'm sure you were nervous at first, but I know you feel amazing about it now. Be proud of who you are, always. Times are hard for our religion right now, but things will get better with time insha Allah and we can't let anyone intimidate us. I hope you get the internship!! Let us know how you get on :-) xx

Rukaiya | Muslim in the Big City

nahye said...

Thank you so much Rukaiya for being so supportive!! :') your comment made my day. Inshallah we will fight for who we are and change things to make it easier for the next generation inshallah :) May allah help all the sisters out there dealing with the same problem. Thanks again sweety xx

Laila said...

MashaAllah, I'm so glad and proud of you, you made a great choice to go with the hijab, it may seem hard and difficult but I'm sure, I believe in the fact that Allah will make it easy for you, that He will end up giving you the internship that best fits you.
I love turbans, specially for this kind of events in which you don't want to make other people unconfortable or even make yourself unconfortable just because they are constantly staring at you. Loving the outfit too! xx

Her Place at the Universe

nahye said...

thanks laila, your words go straight to my heart

Dee said...

Love your outfit! *_*
Hope everything goes well xD good luck

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, and I hope you enjoyed reading my blog.
Hope to see you around again :)