Sunday, 3 August 2014

My Hijab Story (Part One)

source: pinterest


I started wearing the hijab a month ago, which means I am a newbie hijabi (yeaaah). To start from the beginning , I wanted to wear it since I was sixteen years old, ie four years ago. At that time, my family was worried about my choice, because it is a bit (quite) difficult to find a job when you wear a hijab and living in a society were religion and islam are set aside and stigmatize, you find racist people.
At that age I wasn't as independent and confident as I am today, and I have to say that, at that moment I wasn't ready for it.
From these days until now on, my desire to wear the hijab didn't fade away with time. So I was used (and I still) to watch hijabi youtubers and to read hijabi bloggers. I admired their courage. Even if living in a western society posed some problems, it was worth a shot.
I just thought that the image these heroes of the Internet gave, were completely different from the images that the media give us. These girls were real and didn't wanna change their identity for the society, and weren't afraid to show who they really are.

Who I am? and Who I want to be? Were questions I often asked to myself. I was trying to figure out who I am like every teenager at that age.
I wanted to feel free to wear whatever I wanted to and to be me without self-censorship, like these youtubers and bloggers.
My religion has an important part in my life and with time my faith kept increasing, as I was learning more about my religion. I understood that it was about modesty. It also help you to put your whole trust and faith in one God, Allah who is fair, unlike people.
I had enough thinking about what people may say or think of me. I cared too much about what they're gonna think of me, and not enough about what the One who created me is going to think.

When I thought about it I was kinda sad, and I prayed that I will have the chance to wear it before I die. I was sure I wanted to wear it, but I just needed a little bit of courage or a little bit of wisdom.

Here comes the funny part of the story (well I think it's funny but in retrospect...)


-------------------------------------------------------------------

That's it for this post guys, I'm gonna sleep (soo tired). I will post the second and last part soon. So if you can relate to anything from that post let me know, and I will enjoy reading it.
Here's a little hint for the second part: I watched a korean drama, and it helped me take my final decision.

5 comments:

Kai Darul said...

Salam sis.

I saw you recently followed my blog lilpink.info. mashaa Allaah, this is such a good read. Alhamdulillah coz the hijabi family is growing everyday. May you continue with this endeavor and maybe create more awareness on hijab and modest clothing with friends.

:)

thank you. and may Allaah bless you.

nahye said...

salam sister,
I have to tell you that I was about to have a heart attack when I just saw your comment.! I am so happy that you took your time to write me, and be the first to follow my blog. You are one of my favorite blogger and hijabi sister, and I am litteraly fangirling right now (sorry :) ).

I just wish you the best, and may Allah bless you and your falmily.
Thank you again so much :)

xoxo

Kai Darul said...

aww. That's so sweet sis. I never thought that someone would be so happy to see my comment. lol. Thank you so much.

I hope to see more blogposts from you. ^^

Unknown said...

Mashallah, glad you made this choice, the hijab is really a beautiful thing. I am loving your blog too! follow back?
http://lavieenmauve-jj.blogspot.ca/

Jenan

Yulia Rahayu said...

Alhamdulillah, so glad that you decide to wear hijab... lets learn each other... ♥

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, and I hope you enjoyed reading my blog.
Hope to see you around again :)