Ramadhan Kareem to all my brothers and sisters from all around the world!
It's already day 6! Can you believe it? I hope you're having an amazing Ramadhan with your family and your loved ones. Inshallah we benefit from this blessed month and from the goals we set to ourselves for this Holy month. Don't give up guys, we still have 24 days to do our best inshallah!!
During the first week of Ramadhan I tried to capture my favorite moments of the daily life during Ramadhan.
Of course the Number One moment is IFTAR TIIIME!!!
They say "show me your Ramadhan table and I tell you where you come from". Well, actually I just made this quote, BUT I think it's totally true. I love Iftar not only because it's the moment we break our fast, but mostly because everyone is around the table. Family is one of the things Ramadhan is about.
This is my favorite piece of the table! This literally is the Queen of the food categorie of Ramadhan for me.
We call this Brik, and it's very similar to samoussa.
TARAWEEH TIIIME (ie PRAYER TIIIME)
(Oh between Iftar and Taraweeh there's dishes time but it's the boring part you know)
Seeing the mosque full and trying to make a place where you can pray alongside the sisters is the best feeling ever! I also love seeing brothers and sisters on their way to the mosque for taraweeh with their Qamis and Abaya swag. In a western country it's like the BEST!!
That's my mama's abaya by the way. I wear this to go to pray Taraweeh.
And finally two of the most important and symbolic part of Ramadhan for me:
Fajr prayer and Quran reading
I try my best inshallah to read the Quran during the day or after the Fajr prayer even if I don't completely understand it, but you know Ramadhan is all about trying to do our best to improve our faith and to move on to new better habits.
Take care everyone and May Allah help with this blessed month <3 br="">3>




No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for your comment, and I hope you enjoyed reading my blog.
Hope to see you around again :)